Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Show Up or Show Off





Today, I went shopping. Part of my list of things needed was sports bras. I wear about 6 or 7 a week, so I need a good supply of these. The last ones I bought (about a year ago) were duds. Unfortunately, they're too tight/small, and when I wear them I usually need the hubbs to help me take them off.




So, finally, today I decided to head out in search of a few new SBs.

I went to a store that has quite a large selection, so I thought my odds of finding a perfect match would be great. What I found was 1,500 different types of padded, underwired, pointy sports bras. That's right padded, underwired, pointy sports bras. WTF?!

I have nothing against a good padded regular bra. In fact, I've been known to buy a few. But I do have something against a padded sports bra.

I don't work out to show off my tatas. I don't buy bras that will make my chest so pointy that I don't have to do a full push up. My bras should flatten, compress and pack in my boobs. I don't want those suckers in the way of my workout.

That's why I buy sports bras.

For all you skank-i-fied, makeup-wearing, uplifted-sports-bra-wearing pseudo-athletes -- go buy yourself a membership to LA Fitness. Grab that treadmill by the windows. Have fun being a fake exerciser.

I'm going to take my flattened chest and work out. I'm going to push until I'm sweaty, hair frizzing up, face getting blotchy. If a guy wants to check out something on my body, he'll be checking out my legs doing more lunges than he is.

Padded sports bras? Bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment