Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Scaredy Cat



A triathlon is frightening. It really is. I can't deny that just thinking about it makes me a little queasy in my tummy. I have the feeling that Estella Getty feels the same way (earlier she texted me something about needing to puke...).

The odd thing is that I'm not scared of the physical features of the triathlon. I probably should be, but I'm not.

The following list (sorry, I'm not verbose enough for paragraphs tonight) is a brief list of some of the things that scare me about this triathlon:

  1. Accidentally swallowing some of the Schuylkill River. Ewwwwwww.
  2. Getting lost. At any time, during any leg. I have the worst sense of direction of any person you know.
  3. Wearing a swimsuit in front of a thousand other women who are built like Dara Torres (see photo).
  4. Putting on a swim cap in a timely fashion.
  5. Getting severe butt burn from those stupid bike seats.
  6. Not being able to gracefully grab a Gatorade on the trail...
  7. Running into someone while on my bike.
  8. Getting a severe wedgie.
These are just a few things I can think of in between creating projects for my kids' upcoming independent novel project. I'm sure many, many more fears are to come...
-Natt

No comments:

Post a Comment