Tuesday, December 13, 2011

In the Swim of Things


I finally buckled down and bought a swim cap and goggles.

This swimming thing is the one thing I've really been procrastinating on in regards to tri training (well, okay, I've been procrastinating on the other two legs, too -- but I'm still exercising hard, and I feel that any exercise is training...). I've only been in a pool once since I started thinking about the tri.

One of the things that's kept me from the pool is my lack of cap and goggles. I've researched this a bit, and everyone's advice is to try before you buy. Well, Lebanon isn't Swim Mecca. The two sports stores we have aren't really designed with the swimmer in mind. The little rack the hubbs and I found today did not encourage "trying-on." There was no one at the store who could help point me in the right direction (and I'm clueless). So, I picked some cheap Nike training goggles and a cheaper Speedo swim cap. I figure no matter what I'd have to buy another set anyway, so might as well not put out too much money on the first set...

Oh, and I also bought earplugs. I've had a huge fear of getting swimmer's ear ever since I got it when I was like 10 or 12. It was the worst pain of my life. With earplugs comes a little less anxiety, and that means I should be able to excel at swimming, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment